Sunglasses are the hottest accessory during summer. Plus, they’re very functional! They protect your vision from harsh sun rays and blinding light, as well as provide an artistic finishing touch to your outfit. Forgetting your sunglasses on a bright, hot day is the most detrimental mistake you can make for your outfit and your comfort. If you’re looking for unique eyewear ideas in New Orleans, LA this summer, keep reading to learn about the trends you’ll be seeing this year:
- Aviators: Aviators are a classic look that never go out of style, but they’re definitely making a bigger return this year than they have in some years past. While cat eye glasses were in last year, this year you’ll be seeing more oversize aviators with warm tones like amber lenses. Pair your aviators with a cool white t-shirt and leggings for a sleek and minimalist look.
- Rectangular shapes: ‘90s trends have been sneaking back into fashion all year, and sunglasses are no exception. Rectangular minimalist slim sunglasses are making a comeback and make our list for this year’s unique eyewear ideas in New Orleans, LA. Try pairing your rectangular shades with the slouchy white-washed denim look for a true ‘90s throwback.
- Square ‘70s frames: While tiny shapes and slim styles were in style last summer, this year’s unique eyewear ideas in New Orleans, LA include large square shapes that are reminiscent of the ‘70s. This sunglass trend is part of a larger style called “grandma chic,” which has been rising in popularity throughout the year. Pair your oversized large shades with oversize denim jackets and floral skirts to complete this artsy chic look.
- Shield sunglasses: Whether or not you’re a cyclist, you can rock a pair of cycling-inspired shield shades. Even Kim Kardashian West has designed her own line of cycling shield sunglasses! You may think they’re oversized and ugly, but the biggest stars in fashion are rocking them this summer. Check out what the stars are pairing their shield shades with for inspiration on the best way to rock this look!
- Monochromatic tones: This year, you’ll see plenty of choices when it comes to colors in your sunglasses. However, the trend that’s “in” is when the color of the frames is mimicked in the lenses as well. This artsy, color blocking look will surely stand out in a crowd of grays and blacks. This unique eyewear idea in New Orleans, LA can be paired with almost any look for a standout appearance, from a summer dress to the festive shorts that you’re rocking to the next outdoor music event.
Wherever you’re travels take you this summer, don’t forget your shades! They complete your look and protect your eyes at the same time. Come by Art & Eyes for even more unique eyewear ideas in New Orleans, LA. We are New Orleans’ premier provider of eyewear and fashion accessories for people who want stylish frames, handmade clothing, artful jewelry and truly unique accessories. Stop by and see what we have today!
Categorised in: Eyewear