When you’re looking for fun new places to visit in New Orleans, LA, make sure you take in the Magazine Street experience. While most tourists focus on the French Quarter and Bourbon Street, there is plenty to enjoy in the surrounding, lesser-known areas.
Magazine Street’s main drag runs for five miles through various New Orleans neighborhoods. There’s everything from bars and restaurants to unique retail locations—including Art & Eyes! If you want to get the true New Orleans experience, make sure that you put Magazine Street on your itinerary. Here’s some of what you can expect to see:
- National World War II Museum: Whether you’re a dyed-in-the-wool history nerd or you want to take your kids somewhere educational, the National World War II Museum is a great place to start. Visit the unique, specially-curated exhibits to gain new insight into World War II and the Greatest Generation.
- Audubon Zoo: Love animals? The Audubon Zoo is a must-visit, showcasing animals from around the world. There’s an especially cool Jaguar Jungle and Louisiana Swamp exhibit, so you can explore the wonders of nature—all from a safe distance, of course. This zoo is located just off Magazine Street, so make it part of your adventure.
- City tours: There are dozens of city tours available, including those that go right along Magazine Street. You can choose a hop-on, hop-off double-decker bus or look for walking tours that target a particular area of history.
- World-class restaurants: New Orleans boasts a boatload of world-class restaurants, which are located all over the city. If you get tired of Creole and Cajun fare (impossible!), you can also find world cuisine down Magazine Street. Whether you’re craving Indian, Thai, Italian, Mediterranean or something else entirely, you’re sure to find it on this five-mile stretch.
- Retail shops: Retail therapy is a tried-and-true way to brighten up your day, which is why you’ll see a ton of Loyola and Tulane students shopping their way through stores like Mad Men star Bryan Batt’s Hazelnut, vintage stores, furniture, stationery stores and more. Whatever you’re shopping for, you’ll find it on Magazine Street.
- Art & Eyes: Of course, we’re biased—but we think Art & Eyes is a must-see on Magazine Street. When you need funky frames, we have a selection that is sure to amaze and delight. Our frames range in price from $60 to $880, so there’s a selection for every face shape, size and budget. Let us help you find your perfect pair!
This is just the tip of the Magazine Street experience. Put it on the top of your list when you’re looking for places to visit in New Orleans. Whether you’re coming to shop, see the sights, eat the food or get matched with a seriously cool pair of glasses, you’re sure to find everything you’re looking for. We’re delighted to be part of Magazine Street’s fun and offbeat atmosphere, and we know you’ll enjoy it as much as we do. Stop by Art & Eyes today to find great glasses!
Categorised in: Glasses Store