How to Fix Your Foggy Eyeglasses Issue
Every glasses wearer knows what a pain fogged eyewear can be. You exit your house on a warm day and your glasses instantly fog up, making it near impossible to see. No matter how much you wipe off your glasses, they instantly fog back up after you put them back on. This is even more of a problem when it happens while you’re driving or trying to work. Thankfully, there are many ways to fix the problem of summer humidity and your glasses:
- Invest in anti-fog products: You can find anti-fog sprays and other products for glasses in most optical stores. These amazing products can help prevent your glasses from fogging up, even on the most humid days. With most anti-fog products, you’d simply need to follow the instructions provided. Anti-fog sprays are particularly easy to use, as you just have to spray the product onto your glasses. It’s worth noting, however, that these products usually only offer a temporary solution.
- A dish soap and water solution: This is a popular home remedy for curing fogged glasses. All you need to do is wash your glasses with a simple solution of dish soap and water, then dry. (You could also let them air dry.) Cleaning your glasses in this way will help prevent them from fogging up, even when you’re wearing a face mask. Consider repeating this process several times a day for maximum effectiveness.
- Wear the right-sized mask: Foggy glasses have been a major issue for people wearing face masks. Face masks that are too loose around your nose will allow air from your nose and mouth to shoot up towards your glasses, thus causing them to fog up. The easy solution to this issue is finding a face mask that fits correctly. There are plenty of face masks that come with malleable nose clips. There are even some masks made with glasses wearers in mind. Look around for a product that will work well for your needs. Just be sure to do plenty of research before making a purchase.
- Basic shaving cream: Believe it or not, shaving cream can help prevent fogged glasses. As with the dish soap solution, you’d simply need to wash your glasses with water and a bit of shaving cream.
- Consider Lasik: There are many reasons one might want to get Lasik eye surgery. Eliminating foggy glasses is just an added benefit! That said, it’s important to consider all your needs and wants before investing in Lasik surgery. Be sure to also discuss the surgery with your optometrist. They can provide you with all the information you need. Lasik surgery has helped countless people regain their sight.
There are plenty of things that can cause fogged glasses, including summer humidity, warm breath, condensation and more. Not only are foggy glasses annoying, but they can be dangerous in certain situations. Try the methods mentioned above to fix your foggy glasses problem. If none of these solutions work, consider contacting your optometrist. They might be able to recommend a different solution.
If you’re looking for top-quality, artisanal lenses and frames, visit Art & Eyes today!
Categorised in: Eyewear