Why Both Consumers and Retailers Love Gift Certificates
Gift certificates have been a popular gift for decades—in fact, around 60 percent of Americans ask for gift certificates during the holidays. It’s a great way to give a thoughtful gift while still allowing a person to pick out exactly what they want.
As more and more businesses temporarily close due to COVID-19, many people have been asking about the best way to support small businesses. Gift certificates are an easy way to get ready for occasions like birthdays, Mother’s Day and graduation while supporting small businesses and giving a completely unique gift. If you’re struggling to decide how to celebrate your loved ones—or you just want something to look forward to when the world is back to business as usual—why not get a gift certificate to your local glasses store in New Orleans, LA?
Why gift certificates make thoughtful presents
If you’ve ever thought of gift certificates as impersonal, think again. Not only do people specifically ask for them, but you’re giving the opportunity to get someone a present that they might not have considered otherwise. Retailers love them because they represent money already spent at their business, with the possibility of making a new and loyal customer for life. In other words, everyone wins:
- The recipient gets exactly what they want: Everyone has at least one person that’s hard to buy gifts for—either they’re picky, they seem to have everything they could possibly want or you’re not sure where the gaps in their collection might be.
- They’re cheaper to mail than packages: Postal mail is increasingly expensive, but gift certificates can be tucked away in a greeting card and mailed for the price of a letter.
- The recipient can increase their spending power by waiting for sales: Who doesn’t want a little more bang for their buck? When you buy a gift card, your loved one can wait for a good sale and get even more than you bargained for.
- The business gets a new customer: Many people stick to big box stores or retail chains because they’re comfortable and reliable. Getting a gift card for your favorite local business is a low-stakes, low-pressure way to introduce your friends and family to a new place.
- A great way to support small businesses: Finally, small businesses support the local economy, and when you buy a gift certificate at a local haunt, you’re helping them stay in business.
Local glasses store in New Orleans, LA
Art & Eyes offers hundreds of unique frames to suit every personality, profession and face shape. We seek out unusual glasses at every price point, including one-of-a-kind frames from international designers and artists. Why settle for boring traditional glasses when you can wear art on your face? You’ll also love our fashion accessories and clothing when it’s time to spruce up your wardrobe. If you’re interested in buying a gift certificate to Art & Eyes, please call us today. We look forward to helping you or someone you love make the most of your purchase!
Categorised in: Glasses Store