Finding the right pair of frames isn’t just a matter of picking something that looks good. Depending on your lifestyle needs, choosing the best glasses should involve other considerations. How do you want to appear to others? Will you have multiple pairs? What is your wardrobe and job situation?
These easy tips to picking out the perfect frames will help you decide which pair is right for your personal brand. If you need more assistance, visit Art & Eyes, the best glasses store in New Orleans, LA.
Choose your look
- Serious business: When you need to exude professionalism, your eyeglasses choice should stay on the conservative side. Classic metal frames in traditional styles (oval, soft rectangles) and soft colors (neutrals, tortoiseshell and subtle metallics) are great for the working professional.
- Artistic and funky: Step out of the box with sculpted frames in unusual shapes and bright colors. For an eye-catching look, oversized thick plastic frames are popular, and your color choices are practically endless.
- Somewhere in the middle: If your work is casual, but you’re not ready to step out with a pair of dayglo funky cat-eye frames, consider a traditional frame style in an unusual color. Bright royal blue can look especially striking against darker skin, while red is a cheerful choice. Or, try clear frames in an uncommon shape.
Choose your lifestyle
- Older and wiser: You might be older, but that doesn’t mean your glasses have to be boring. Instead of opting for giant wire-rimmed frames that make you look decades older, try something in a soft rectangle or cat-eye to give yourself a more youthful appearance. Progressive lenses will also help hide bifocals and trifocals.
- Athletic: When sporting activities make up a significant portion of your lifestyle, you should consider special glasses designed with athletes in mind. Wraparound styles are popular, and you can’t go wrong with a sporty, casual look that still delivers on utility.
A few final notes to make sure your lenses are right for you:
- We always recommend anti-glare coating, because it eliminates reflections and improves your night vision.
- Thinner and lighter polycarbonate or high-index lenses are the best choice for a lot of adults, especially athletes, as they’re more impact-resistant.
- You’ve probably seen photochromic lenses—these eliminate the need for a separate pair of prescription sunglasses, although some users dislike the transition time between sunlight and indoors.
Over 1,600 eyewear styles to choose from
The best glasses store in New Orleans, LA, Art & Eyes, can easily help find the ideal frames and lenses for you. Invest in a high-quality pair of eyeglasses that is fashionable, durable and right for your lifestyle. Art & Eyes carries unique sunglasses using sculpted lenses that meet your needs. Our art-to-wear indie eyewear makes a statement, whether you’re a doctor, artist or stay-at-home parent. With over 1.600 carefully curated pairs of glasses, we can help you find the perfect pair. Come see us and check out our selection today. We look forward to assisting you!
Categorised in: Glasses Store