Everyone is different, and each person has their own unique look, style and preferences. For people who wear glasses, choosing eyeglass frames in New Orleans, LA is a great opportunity for them to let their individual style shine through. However, not all frames will look great on all faces. To find the frames that help you look your best and feel confident, it’s important to understand a little bit more about how to find the right frames for your face shape:
- Round: Round faces tend to have soft curves without a lot of angular definition. People with round faces often look good in shorter frames that are rectangular and designed to accentuate and define the face.
- Diamond: People with diamond-shaped faces have narrower foreheads and jawlines with wider cheekbones. Glasses with oval or cat eye frames can help balance the face and highlight the brow line.
- Square: If you have a square face, you have a broad jaw and forehead with proportions that are similar in width and length. Narrow rectangular or oval frames can help elongate the face and make sharp angles appear a bit softer.
- Oblong: Oblong faces are narrower with elongated features and straight cheek lines. People with oblong faces look great in glasses with ornate features on the frames near the temples. These unique frames can help a face appear wider and balance some of the oblong facial proportions.
- Heart: Heart-shaped faces are wider at the forehead and narrower through the cheeks, coming to a point at the chin. Frames with more width at the bottom and rimless frames can both help accent defined cheeks and chins and balance the width at the top of the forehead.
- Oval: People with oval-shaped faces have relatively balanced proportions without many sharp angles. You can highlight and complement these natural proportions by wearing glasses that are slightly wider than the widest part of your face.
Glasses for your skin tone
In addition to the shape of your frames, you also have to think about the color of the frames that you choose. Depending on your skin tone, different colors will look better on you and highlight your complexion more. Think about whether you have cool or warm undertones and select frames that complement your coloring. Warmer skin tones look great with orange, copper, off-white or warm blue frames. Cooler skin tones are complemented by silver, blue, purple and black.
Find eyeglass frames in New Orleans, LA
At Art & Eyes, we know that it can be challenging to find the right eyeglass frames in New Orleans, LA, and that’s why we’re here to make the process as easy as possible for you. Since 2011, we have been proud to offer our customers an inventory of eyewear and designer accessories that are designed to deliver the highest quality, functionality and style possible. You can find out more about everything that we have to offer by checking out our website or giving us a call today. We look forward to helping you find the perfect pair of frames!
Categorised in: Eyeglass Frames