Whether you are looking for the perfect pair of glasses for everyday use, or splurging on a cool new set of shades for your upcoming vacation, it can be hard to pick out a new set of eyewear. After all, there are so many varied and exciting options out there—how are you supposed to narrow it down, or even know what looks good on you?
There is no perfect formula for picking the right pair of sunglasses in Orleans Parish, LA, but there are a few things you can keep in mind to help guide you to a purchase you’ll be happy with. Here are five things to consider the next time you got eyewear shopping:
- Proportion: If you are shopping for everyday glasses, then you will want to pick frames that are proportional to the size of your face. Having overly large frames might overwhelm your face, and it will be the only thing people notice about you. But if you love big frames, consider getting an oversized pair of sunglasses. This works because sunglasses are often considered fashion statements—and the larger the glasses, the more protection you have from the sun!
- Shade: What color should your glasses be? Well, you ought to get a color that will complement your eyes and skin tone. Fashion magazines and websites will often have guides to finding the best colors for you. It is up to you how “loud” you want the shade to be. Not sure what to pick? When in doubt, black is a timeless option that looks good on everyone.
- Angles and contrasts: For the best overall look, it is a good idea to pick frames that contrast with your features. If you have a rounded face, pick frames with sharp angles; if you have an angular jawline, round frames might be a better option.
- Shape: Most people have a face that comes in one of these shapes: heart, square, narrow, round, oval and trapezoidal. Generally speaking, aviators are best for heart-shaped faces; oval and round frames are best for square faces; tall and decorative frames for narrow faces; rectangular frames for round faces; cat eyes for trapezoidal faces; and top-heavy or butterfly frames for oval faces.
- Do what feels right: Here is the thing about rules: they’re meant to be broken! Beauty is ultimately in the eye of the beholder, so if you have a square face but love cat eye frames, or have a round face and want circular frames, go for it. The most important thing is that you feel confident in your choice, because you will be able to project that confidence wherever you are.
Still not sure what kind of glasses are right for you? When you come to Art & Eyes, our experienced staff will be happy to help find a pair you love. We have a wide range of frames that you won’t find anywhere else. If you need new glasses or sunglasses in Orleans Parish, LA, think Art & Eyes!
Categorised in: Sunglasses