Whether you have been wearing glasses most of your life, or are picking out your very first pair, choosing eyewear in New Orleans, LA, can be tricky. In a perfect world, appearances wouldn’t matter—but that is not the world we live in, and you want to pick a pair of spectacles that will fit the mood of your daily routine.
Are you unsure where to start when it comes to eyewear in New Orleans, LA? Here are some archetypes to consider, so you can figure out where you fit:
- All business: Will you be wearing this pair of glasses to work? If you work in a traditional office setting, then you will want to wear glasses that will make you look serious and hardworking. Rectangular, oval or almond frames are best, and colors should be muted—think brown, black, gold or silver.
- Hip and creative: If you are an artist or work in a creative field—or if this pair is reserved for your off hours—then you can afford to have a little more fun with your glasses. Unusual colors like purple, red or green work well with unconventional or retro shapes, like cat eyes or big square frames.
- Young at heart: Many people need to start wearing glasses as they age, but that doesn’t mean you have to wear your grandparents’ old bifocals! If you want glasses that show you are young at heart, consider the following colors: gunmetal gray or deep brown for men, and lighter, glittery shades for women.
- Studious: College is a time for experimentation—and that extends to your eyeglasses! Because you are not yet working in a conservative office environment, you can take this opportunity to experiment all you want with colors, shapes and retro styles. When it comes to students, those simple black rectangular frames are the last thing you ought to be wearing.
- The weekender: Looking for a pair of glasses you can wear on a hike on a Saturday morning, and also wear out to dinner on Saturday night? Sports glasses have come a long way in recent years, so you should be able to find a pair that is versatile enough to cover all your casual pursuits.
One pair of glasses usually isn’t enough to cover everything the typical person likes to do in a week or month. If you are in need of a great second or third pair, come to Art & Eyes!
We have independent eyewear designers and brands you don’t see anywhere else in the United States. We just got back from Paris, and we bought an extraordinary collection of new eyewear! We are proud to feature five new designers not yet available in the States, and another five represented very sparsely—not to mention new work from artists we have carried before.
We pick out every frame, and don’t buy only what’s on everyone else’s top 10 list. So even if you are familiar with a brand, you probably will see different frames at Art & Eyes than you have seen in the past. We tend to bend towards the colorful, elegant, unique and cutting edge.
Our new inventory of eyewear in New Orleans, LA will start arriving in early November, with the lion’s share coming in early 2019. We look forward to showing you the coolest stuff out there, whether it’s traditional or avant-garde!
Categorised in: Eyewear