Trying to find a pair of sunglasses that will perfectly suit your aesthetic? Never fear—we’ve got all the pointers you need to find a frame that flatters your face. Here are some tips to provide you with a guide as you seek the right look for your sunglasses in New Orleans, LA.
- Undertone: When looking at your various sunglass selections, choose an undertone that matches your complexion well. If you have a warmer complexion, you should opt for undertones that feature warm browns or tortoiseshell colors. If you have a cool complexion, you’re going to want undertones that feature cool grays, blues or blacks.
- Bridge: The shape and position of the bridge will greatly affect how the glasses look on your face. For example, if the bridge is located higher in between the lenses, it will make your nose look longer. Conversely, a low bridge (usually in butterfly-shaped glasses) will make your nose look shorter. This means you should consider the shape of your nose as part of your sunglasses purchase.
- Shape: Pick a shape of your sunglasses that will complement your defining features. If you have more angular features, you’ll want more angular sunglasses, and if you have more curved features in your face, you’ll want sunglasses that have more curve to them as well.
- Scale: The scale of the sunglasses frame should closely relate to your face, unless you’re looking for a dramatic, bold appearance to highlight your personality and bold style choices.
- Size: This is perhaps the issue people spend the most time considering when choosing their sunglasses. Exactly how big of a frame are you going to want out of your sunglasses? A larger and deeper frame will make your face look shorter, which is ideal if you have a longer and more narrow shape to your face. However, narrower frames will make your face look longer, so if you have a shorter face, whether it’s round or square in its predominant features, you’re going to want to choose a narrower frame to provide the results you’re looking for.
- Eyebrows: When trying on your potential pair of new sunglasses, make sure your eyebrows don’t stick out of the top of the frame at strange angles—you don’t want to look like you’re making a permanent “shocked’ expression while wearing them. This is especially important if you have very dark or defined brows.
- Top bar: The top bar is another important consideration to keep in mind when choosing sunglasses. If you have a strong jaw, choose a heavier top bar. This will provide you with some balance in the shape of your glasses and face. Otherwise, you don’t need to have a thicker or heavier top bar.
Looking for more tips to help you select the perfect sunglasses in New Orleans, LA? We encourage you to contact us today with your questions and we’ll be happy to give you some recommendations as you go about your search.
Categorised in: Sunglasses