Treat Your Glasses Right This Summer
Whether you wear prescription lenses on a daily basis or you have a pair of sunglasses that you only wear occasionally, it’s important that you understand the basics of eyewear care. Glasses can be a pretty significant investment, and you don’t want to waste money buying more glasses after yours become dirty, scratched, worn out or broken. The good news is that you can make a big difference when it comes to the longevity of your glasses by taking some basic steps to care for them. With a small investment of time and thought on a regular basis, you can keep your eyewear in New Orleans, LA looking great and functioning well for a long time to come:
- Go easy on your glasses: You want to bring your glasses along on all of your summer adventures, but you should think about the various conditions that you’re exposing your frames and lenses to. It’s important to keep your glasses out of extreme heat as much as possible, so don’t leave them in your car on a hot day for prolonged periods of time.
- Use gentle cleaning products: You might think that more powerful cleaners are best for getting your glasses sparkling clean, but these can do more harm than good. Avoid any glasses cleaners that contain ammonia and alcohol, and instead use some water mixed with dish soap to clean your glasses. Dry them using a soft, microfiber cloth.
- Be mindful of how you wear and remove your glasses: When you take your glasses off, make sure to use both hands. Taking your glasses off frequently with just one hand can cause excess stress to one side of your frames and may eventually lead to damage or misalignment. You should also never wear your glasses on the top of your head, even if it’s just for a few minutes. This can seriously damage your glasses and cause them to stretch and lose their shape.
- Store your glasses safely: Don’t throw your glasses in a drawer or a purse after you’re done wearing them. Instead, always store your glasses in a hard-shelled glasses case to prevent scratches or damage.
- Avoid scratches: When you’re out at the beach wearing your eyewear in New Orleans, LA, make sure to keep your glasses away from the sand as much as possible. If your glasses do get any sand on them, try running some clean water over them to clear away sand without scratching the lenses.
- Give nose pads a chance: You might be averse to nose pads for your glasses, but this feature can actually offer some functional benefits, not to mention added aesthetic appeal. They give you a perfect fit for your face and prevent your glasses from slipping or falling off your nose. They also elevate your glasses, which can give you a cleaner appearance when you wear your glasses and prevent them from shifting when you talk or laugh.
If you need some more eyewear pointers, or you’re looking for a new pair of frames to replace your worn-out glasses, stop by Art & Eyes. We specialize in designing custom eyewear in New Orleans, LA and offer a wide selection of designer frames to keep you looking your best, regardless of what your personal style may be. We offer glasses at every price point so you can find the lenses and frames that are right for you without breaking the bank. Stop by today and pick up a pair of glasses that makes you feel confident and comfortable!
Categorised in: Eyewear