How Vintage Glasses in New Orleans, LA Are Making a Comeback in 2018
Vintage styles from the 1950s, ‘60s and ‘70s are coming back into vogue these days. Celebrities, fashion bloggers and models have all been spotted wearing everything from corduroy bellbottoms to full, A-line dresses in recent years. Many people are also expressing their love of vintage style with their accessories, including jewelry, shoes and, of course, glasses. In the ‘90s, glasses with barely noticeable frames and an unassuming profile were at the cutting edge, but these days, people are proudly sporting glasses with thick frames and a distinctive appearance. Find out more about how vintage glasses in New Orleans, LA are making a big comeback and how you can start incorporating this style into your look:
- Thick frames: These days, the right pair of glasses can often be associated with heightened intellect. Glasses with thick frames—think Gregory Peck in To Kill a Mockingbird—are having a moment as a newly-revived fashion trend. These are so popular, in fact, that many eyewear producers have designed entire lines of frames after Peck’s look in this movie!
- Unique shapes: Glasses featuring a cat eye shape were once considered to be cumbersome and unstylish, but they have truly made a comeback in recent years. These frames, which were once sported by the likes of Marilyn Monroe and Audrey Hepburn, are now featuring heavily in 2018 on runways and in fashion magazines.
- Round frames: Part of the reason why so many vintage looks are coming back into style is because of the increased availability of classic movies on streaming sites. In the film Pretty in Pink, ‘80s icon Molly Ringwald sported a pair of round-frame glasses, which have since inspired many people to adopt a similar look. Thin, round frames are perfect for people who want to evoke a distinctly vintage aesthetic.
- Aviator frames: Aviators have been popular frames for sunglasses for decades, but you can also bring this look into your everyday style with aviator-frame glasses. Many celebrities, including Kendall Jenner and Jennifer Aniston, have been spotted wearing aviator frames at various events in the last several years.
- Organic-looking materials: When in doubt, you can’t go wrong with a simple frame. Consider something with a wood or wood composite material that gives you an organic look. You can even find plastic frames that are designed to look like natural wood, so you can still enjoy the durability of plastic frames while achieving your desired aesthetic.
If you’re looking for a new statement piece for your wardrobe, stop by Art & Eyes to browse an extensive selection of vintage glasses in New Orleans, LA. For years, we have been proud to offer a selection of glasses that offer the perfect combination of functionality, quality and aesthetic appeal. We know that every individual is different, which is why we are happy to help you find glasses that match your specific preferences and style. From understated, classic styles to vibrant modern frames, you’ll find everything you’re looking for here in our store. Stop by today to find the perfect pair of frames!
Categorised in: Vintage Glasses