For some men, shoe shopping is overwhelming. For others, finding the perfect pair of jeans feels impossible. And for some others, shopping for the ideal pair of glasses at a glasses store in New Orleans, LA is comparable to a root canal.
But it doesn’t have to be. Use the following simple tips to find the best glasses for your taste, face and lifestyle. You’ll discover that shopping for glasses can be easy—and even fun!
- Size: How big should the frames of your glasses be in order to suit your face? This should be one of the main considerations as men shop for glasses at a glasses store in New Orleans, LA. The expert recommendation is to ensure your eyes fall in the middle of the lens. This will create a comfortable feel and an appealing look. As for the width, the glasses should not extend very far past the width of your face.
- Shape: Glasses are available in a variety of shapes. Curved edges, round, rectangular, oval and a host of others create a nearly limitless variety of shapes from which to choose. To narrow the search, find a pair of frames that contrast with the shape of your face. For example, if you have a round face, choose an angular pair of rims. This provides a flattering contrast. If you’re not sure whether you have a square, round or oval face, trace your face in the mirror with a dry-erase marker.
- Fit: If you’re going to be wearing something all day long, you want it to offer a comfortable fit. As you peruse your glasses store in New Orleans, LA, be sure to try on any styles you are considering. The glasses should rest comfortably on your nose. The stems should cling comfortably over the tops of your ears. They should not cause any indentations. Watch out for overly loose fits, too. You don’t want glasses that slide down your nose with every movement.
- Personality: How thick should your rims be? That depends on you. What look do you want to sport? Slim wire or rimless glasses tend to exude a more serious, professional look. Decide what type of rims best suit your personality, then look for the color and shape you prefer in that style of rims. Keep in mind whether you will be wearing the frames for work or play and in public or private.
- Color: Some men have a strong color preference when it comes to glasses, while others simply don’t know which shade to choose. A good rule of thumb is to base your selection on skin tone. Men with darker complexions tend to look great in lighter frames. For those with a lighter complexion, dark frames really pop and create an attractive look.
Would you like additional expert advice on shopping at your glasses store in New Orleans, LA? Contact the professionals at Art & Eyes to receive top-level support for choosing the ideal pair of glasses for your style and taste. Stop in soon to start looking and feeling your best!
Categorised in: Glasses Store