The good news: a plethora of options are available as you choose your eyewear in New Orleans, LA. The bad news: you might be overwhelmed with the options and unsure which will best suit your face.
With so many styles, colors and shapes, it might be hard to determine which glasses will look best on you. How can you tell which will be the most flattering? Following is a simple guide to help you with this decision. By answering a few questions, you can choose the ideal eyewear for your personal look and taste.
What shape is your face?
- Round: Square or rectangular frames can make your face appear longer and slimmer as they balance out your round features. Avoid round frames that further accentuate the roundness of your face.
- Oval: Choose geometrically shaped frames that feature a strong bridge and are wider than the broadest part of your face. Stay away from frames that cover more than half of your face.
- Square: To soften the angles of your face, choose oval or round frames that sit high on the nose. It’s best to avoid boxy frames, since these add more angles to your features.
- Diamond: Cat-eye glasses and oval frames are best for this face shape. Narrow and boxy frames are less flattering, since they do not enhance your narrow features.
- Heart: Round or square eyewear in New Orleans, LA works well to draw attention away from a high forehead. In contrast, frames with embellished tops are less flattering, since they accentuate your forehead.
What is your skin tone?
- Warm: A warm complexion features golden, yellow or bronze tints to the skin. If this describes you, chose frames in brown, gold, beige or olive color families. For the best results, avoid pastels, white or black frames.
- Cool: Cool complexions have pink or blue undertones. To complement a cool complexion, choose silver, dark tortoise, pink, black, blue, gray or purple eyewear in New Orleans, LA.
What is your lifestyle?
It’s important to match your eyewear to your way of life. If you’re very active, choose flexible frames that don’t easily break. If you work in an office, consider choosing sensible and sophisticated eyewear in New Orleans, LA. If you always think outside the box and march to the beat of your own drummer, feel free to choose something out of the ordinary to match your personality.
Do you need more than one pair of glasses?
It’s possible one pair of glasses won’t suit all your needs. You may need a pair of sensible lenses to wear at work and another durable pair to wear on the ballfield. Choose a style that looks appropriate for each setting.
Who should you contact for the perfect eyewear in New Orleans, LA?
If you need assistance with your eyewear selection, contact the experts at Art & Eyes. We offer in-depth experience to help you choose the ideal glasses for your prescription, lifestyle and taste. Contact our team today to get started. We look forward to helping you look and see your best!
Categorised in: Eyewear