You may not know him by name, but you’re certainly familiar with the works of Hieronymus Bosch! Often called the ‘Trendiest Apocalyptic Medieval Painter,’ Bosch’s works are commonly associated with the imagery of plague doctors and the masks they’re known for. Due to the current pandemic, these Hieronymus Bosch masks are more popular than ever! If you’re looking to pick one up for yourself, you’ll find them at New Orleans’ own Art & Eyes.
We custom-make these protective face masks to order, and have some inventory available for those looking for a grab-and-go statement look! We may need masks to protect us during the pandemic, but who says we can’t be stylish at the same time? Say hello to gothic-chic with Hieronymus Bosch masks!
Bird Masks – AKA – Hieronymus Bosch Masques, $35 each.
Each mask designed and made by Starr Hagenbring.
- You can insert a layer of BLUE shop towels for extra protection.
- 2 layers of 100% cotton fabrics. (Can be made with 3 or 4 layers on request, $5 extra)
- Bendable wire is at the nose, for you to make a perfect fit.
- Pellon fused stiffener is installed from the nose to almost the tip on the top of the mask. This provides a good shape and a little bit of extra protection.
- Elastic over the ears. If you have a large head, let us know, we will provide longer elastic. If you want ties instead, let us know, we can do that.
- This style of protective facemask dramatically decreases the “fog up” of your eyewear!
- WE ARE MAKING NEW FABRIC COMBOS EVERY DAY!! Please call the store and we are happy to send you images of things that might appeal to you PERSONALLY!!
The fabrics used are unique. A carefully selected medley of vintage, decorator, and ethnic prints. Many of the prints in the fabrics are large so the look will vary slightly, but placed with the design in mind.
Stylish, Yet Protective
Designed after ancient medieval plague masks, our Hieronymus Bosch masks fit comfortably without actually touching your face. You can wear protective face masks under them comfortably. For a true callback to the plague times of old, you can even put aromatics and medicinal herbs in the beak—eucalyptus, mint, dried flowers and more.
Made-to-Order with Care
Our made-to-order masks are constructed with two layers of cotton that have been stitched together. The nose section has a wireframe structure to better shape it to the face, and is made of stiff Pellon fabric. We also have a four-layer option available by request. The finished mask commands a classic steampunk, gothic-chic appeal that’ll turn heads and make a bold statement in the current state of pandemic pandemonium!
The Original Protective Face Masks
Hieronymus Bosch masks are equal parts art and safety—exactly what we need right now! While others might walk the streets of New Orleans with fun prints and colors on their face masks, you’ll sport the original pandemic protection.
Stop into Art & Eyes today to view authentic Hieronymus Bosch masks and order one for yourself! Or, give us a call at 504-891-4494 to order.